Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Success!

B/f birthday went well. I was a little nervous about both the restaurant and present. But he said he loved both.

I was nervous about the present because they were these headphones that are supposed to isolate the music, while reducing outside noise. And he is a major music guy, so after I bought them, I thought he probably already has what he wants, and would know more about the kind to buy. And after I decided to get them for him b/c he mentioned he can't really listen to music on planes b/c he can't hear well b/c of the plane noise, so I thought perfect...then he said he wouldn't really like to mess with them. But he was referring to the next upgrade in technology that blocks all sound, and has a battery. He said the kind I bought were perfect. Hopefully he isn't just being nice. Anyway I gave him the gift receipt and permission to exchange/take-back.

I wasn't really that nervous about the restaurant choice. I thought we had discussed the fact that he hadn't ever been there before a long time ago, but then at the last minute, I thought maybe it was someone else I had the conversation with.

We went to a place in Addison, the Brazilian steak house place. He had been to a different chain in Ft. Worth, but he said he enjoyed this one much better. I think it was due to the company :) The service and food were both excellent. I was glad I made reservations b/c it was crowded. And he did get a free dessert! He picked the cheesecake and it was delicious. I was afraid they weren't going to do anything, but they pulled through. They even wrapped up the wine bottle so we could take our leftover home. He loves surprises, and I was able to pull off one at least.

Since neither of us could move after stuffing our faces, we just finished the night watching the Olympics on his couch. I dozed off with only one apparatus left for the US. Woke up around 11:20, and then didn't get home until midnight. But it was worth it!

Oh, and I gained 2.2 pounds at dinner. Yes, I weighed myself both before and after dinner. So definitely going to the gym tonight. And yes, it was still worth it. Although might not be saying the same thing when my credit card bill comes ;)

1 comment:

justme said...

Glad you both had fun. A great dinner followed by a nap is always a good thing, imo. :)