Sunday, August 17, 2008

One, Two, Three Times the Fun (and pain)

With the scary T Minus One Week countdown looming, I kicked my butt in gear and did the full mini-triathlon at the gym. All I will say at this moment is that I did it without throwing up and I'm still alive. I will wait until the morning to see if I can still feel my legs.

It took me less than 2 hours. But that was inside. I wonder what it will feel like in 90% humidity.

At the very least, I needed a good calorie burn. I skipped working out for 3 days, and this weekend was a major piggy contest. Wedding dinner with wine and cake, homemade pizza with 2 Dr. Peppers in one day (one of which had some Malibu mixed in...solely for medicinal purposes), cookies, and more.

I emailed the triathlon and asked if they could bump my time up to 15 minutes for the swim instead of 10. He did, but said big mistake. Although he hasn't seen me swim. I actually lost count of my laps today, so I either did 10 laps in 10:20 or 12 in 10:20 .... and 12 laps in12:30 or 14 laps in 12:30. Who knows.

No comments: