Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ouch!

Tues: Nothing

Wed: Played tennis. Sweated a lot. I will not tell you how my b/f, who has only played tennis maybe 5 times in his life, came close to beating me. I will chalk that up to my good coaching.

Thurs: I was 2.6 miles into my jog...feeling decently strong. Starting to run my last .4, and then my knee felt funny. I slowed to a walk for a minute, and then tried again. Still there. It was a slight pain, but not sharp. I definitely could have worked through the pain. But it felt like my knee was giving in when I put pressure on it.

So I stopped early, since I was almost done anyway. Didn't try to push it with weights, even though that didn't seem to aggravate it when I tried one or two reps. I don't think it is anything major b/c I am able to walk on it normally. I will ice it and hope that tomorrow is another day.

Saturday: the PLAN is to get up super early and try to jog at the track outside. See if outside jogging can compare to inside climate controlled exercise. My guess is no. Or that I won't make it out of bed before it gets to be beastly hot.

1 comment:

justme said...

Sorry 'bout the knee. I would use that as an excuse to get new shoes. Don't know if I was helping an injured knee or helping my ever constant urge to shop. Either way, I felt better after. ;)

Keep up the great work!