Sunday, August 10, 2008

Goggles, not just for swimming anymore

I have a new marketing direction for swimming equipment manufacturers: Speedo in the Kitchen.



I used my swimming goggles while I cut up an onion. The last few times I have chopped that veggie, whether white or red, my eyes burned uncontrollably. So I thought if my goggles prevent water from contacting my eyes, why not fumes? And it worked perfectly! No tears! I probably wouldn't recommend it for people who have a tendency to cut themselves while chopping. The goggles give you a slightly distorted view.

Friday: nothing, except shopping. Ann Taylor had a pretty good sale. And I finally put away all of the laundry that was piled on my bed. I can now return to sleeping in it instead of the guest bed.

Saturday: mowed. Decided to rest my knee one more day. And also didn't feel like going outside to run.

Sunday: did a mini-mini-triathlon. Wanted to swim first to see if I could do the other parts of the triathlon in my wet bathing suit since I still don't' know for sure what I will be wearing. But the pool was packed, and I didn't' feel like waiting. So I headed upstairs in my dry bathing suit. I did 20 minutes on the bike (just slightly over the halfway mark of the distance of the race). Then got on the treadmill after a few stretches. I did my 3 miles in 33 minutes! Not bad. I ran for 1 mile, 0.8 miles and then finished strong by running the last 0.9 miles...only 0.3 of walking. And my knee felt pretty good. Now my hamstring hurts, but we won't talk about that unless the pain doesn't go away. Then headed back to the pool. While I was able to do all those activities in my suit comfortably, I smelled really bad. I think the suit sucks in the odors. I don't' know. Anyway, after a shower, I finished with 14 laps in the pool and a nice little soak.

Now it is nap time. I'm trying to pick up some tips from watching the Olympics.

No comments: