Friday, July 18, 2008

Why didn't I pee before working out?

Wednesday: I didn't feel well again, so I skipped the workout.

Thursday: Yoga class at lunch. This is a cool thing at work.

Just a so-so workout Thursday evening. I started out on the ole treadmill. I could only do a
little over a mile before needing a break. Did a total of 2.6 miles in 30 minutes or so. Had to take walking breaks often.

Then I did some weights.

Then I went to the pool. I did the 12 laps, all free style strokes. But it took me 18-20 minutes. And I could only do 2 without breaking. For some reason I kept getting water in my nose. I may have to buy nose plugs.

Before I headed to the pool, I felt the slight need to pee. But decided it would go away. And it kind of did...didn't notice it during the workout. But as soon as I got in the hot tub, the sensation returned. The ability to relax in a hot tub is inversely related to the fullness of your bladder. Don't worry...I didn't let loose in the hot tub. After soaking for about 10 minutes, I got up to leave. Do you remember as a child how hard it was to go to the bathroom in a wet one-piece suit? Well, it is still as difficult.

That's about it.

2 comments:

justme said...

I'm SO glad you didn't add any extra ingredients to the hot tub. What does Joey say? "I won't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool."

;)

How do you like yoga?

No Longer At The Kids' Table said...

yoga is good. I had done a few classes at the YMCA with my sister, and have a dvd I do at home sometimes....so I was one of the semi-advanced people :) But there are so many things I cannot do that the beginners can do no problem.

I'm good with the strength and balance poses, but not great at flexible ones. But it is definitely a nice break in the day. We do it Tues/Thurs during our lunch break.