Monday, July 7, 2008

Mylanta

Sunday - no work out.

Am now a 3-month member of gym.

Monday - disappointing. I did 12 laps in the pool again - about 20 minutes, 2 laps without stopping. That part was ok. Still way out of breath. I can't get the whole breathing thing down. But maybe making progress.

Then my plan was to try to jog/walk for 3 miles. Then I was going to just do a light walk/jog because I kinda felt weird after the swim. Started off poorly as I had to run in no socks. My water bottle spilled, and my socks were soaking (2nd time, you would think I would learn). But after the initial jelly feeling in my legs, I was actually feeling good. I started jogging, and felt like I could make it past my usual 1 mile mark without stopping. I made it to around 3/4 mile distance when I got horrible heart burn. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the half can of pringles I ate an hour before working out.

I have yet to figure out the eating schedule. There is no way I could make it straight from work, to working out, and then come home and eat dinner. So I had some soup before I left work, and then I just couldn't pass up watching Jeopardy, and then the open can of pringles was calling me. Really the only option for me is to exercise in the morning. That would mean getting up around 5. A. M. That is eons before my usual 6:45 wake up call. I just don't know about that. Maybe I will give it a try.

Anyway, so instead of pushing, I decided to call it a workout. Still better than no work out.

Oh I forgot to tell you. I went all out. I bought a new 1 piece suit, goggles, and the head cap. I feel, if not look, like a professional swimmer now. Save for the masculine shoulders. And 0.2% body fat. This is the first pair of goggles that actually work. Imagine, no water coming in to my eyes. It's great. I can wear my contacts and not have to worry about taking them in and out.

Anyway, I signed up for the free health inspection/orientation. So I'm meeting with a personal trainer tomorrow night. Maybe he'll find something wrong with me, and I can back out of this gracefully. Nothing too bad, just like an abnormal muscular displacement of the 3rd lower vertebrae Cartesian planes in Spain, which in everyday jive means no triathlon. A girl can hope!

3 comments:

nicole said...

Can't wait to hear about the meeting with the trainer.

justme said...

I'm exhausted just reading all you've done! Don't give up! I've never trained for anything but I'm guessing that it might be hard at first but soon you and your body will adjust. And I can't wait to hear what the PT says either. :)

Hey! I'm Blogging Here. said...

You're doing great! I could never run with no socks... you're more tenacious than I.