Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When does this get fun?

Monday workout: Nothing. I feel asleep about 7 pm and didn't do anything. :( That is a typical night for me.

Tuesday workout: Even though I took a nap after work, and even though it was stormy, I went to the gym last night. I did 5 minutes on the stair climber thing. I didn't intend to do it, but I got a little turned around in the gym, and didn't want to look like I didn't know where I was going, so I did that torture machine for a few minutes. If you need a warm up, that will get your heart pumping. I'm pretty surprised that I'm not sore in my booty today. But my knee does hurt, so I think I will stay away from that thing again.


Then I proceeded to the bikes, where I was intending to go in the first place. I planned to do 45 minutes, which would be well over the 14 mile mark. But I did the random program, and the hills were much more challenging than I expected. So I decided to stop after 30 minutes and 11 miles. Because I wanted to do some running, too. Or that was my excuse anyway. Sweat was literally dripping off of me onto the floor. Gross. Did I tell you they keep it pretty hot in there, and by the bikes there aren't any fans.


So then I headed to the treadmill. My legs weren't too shaky. Maybe the weight lifting is helping some. I did a full mile run in 12 minutes...I could have possibly done more, but stopped because it was getting pretty late already.


This triathlon is going to be a bit of a pain in other ways. I have to go pick up the registration packet before the event, and none of the locations are super convenient for me. And then I have to take my bike and helmet into a shop to make sure it is safe. I didn't know about all this. That is another thing. I need to decide what bike I'm riding. I have a trail bike I could use, but the course is on country roads. So a road bike would be more efficient, which means less work on my legs. That sounds pretty good to me. So I may be in the market for a new or gently used bike. As I said before, hobbies are expensive.

1 comment:

nicole said...

That sounds like an awesome workout!