Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Decent workout

Wednesday: I finally made it back to the gym. Started off pretty strong on the treadmill. Did my first mile in a little over 10 minutes. Then got a sharp pain in my side, and tried to walk it out. Ended up doing 3 miles in 38 minutes. Some walking but finished strong.

Did a few reps on the leg weights machine.

Headed to the pool. I bought a watch so I could more accurately gauge my swimming time. A little disappointing. Did the 12 laps in 14 minutes. I have to improve on swimming. I don't' know if the race is conducive to being able to rest between laps.

Then did 10 minutes in the hot tub. I made sure and tinkled before the swimming workout, but still as soon as I hit the hot water, the urge presented itself. Using mind over matter, I was able to have a somewhat relaxing time.

Avoided the urge to stop at Taco Bell on the way home. Don't know if I did much better by eating about a gallon of home made popcorn.

1 comment:

nicole said...

You rock! 3 miles in 38 minutes is awesome.