Friday, July 4, 2008

Splish, splash, I was out of breath

Today's workout (for my personal record, not for your entertainment, unless you find the lack of progress as funny as I do):

Location: the gym
Time: afternoon
1) Treadmill: total of 2 miles [1.01 miles without stopping, average speed 5.2 mph for that mile, excuse me, 1.01 mile]. Man, the gym felt hot today.
2) Weird torture machine: a few sets of crunches
3) Lap pool: total of 8 laps (25 yds each, 200 yds), 2 laps without stopping. Man, this was much harder than I thought. The last "lap" was pathetic. There were old, fat men who were swimming before I got there, swam the whole time I was swimming, plus my 10 minutes in the spa, and they didn't even rest at all.

Granted I could have speed up the process a little, and if I had swam first, I could have eliminated 1 shower, but it took like 1.5 hours to do all this. Who has the time for this? I do...only on the weekends. I don't see making this a regular part of my routine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go! You're well on your way to kickin' butt at that triathlon.