Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My feet are dirty

Every time I go to see my house, I'm wearing sandals. Since I don't have a driveway, walkway, or even grass yet, I have to trek through dirt on a good day, or mud on a not a good day. Today was no exception.

I picked out a very similar tile for the shower. Probably, a wasted trip, because any of the three that I chose from would have been fine. And to be honest, I didn't even really remember picking out tile in the first place.

Since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped by the house, and it was open. The painters were inside. It looks sooooo different already. The walls are a light beige and the trim is white. The mantel really stands out now. The closets shelves are up and many of the doors. The cabinets are stained, as well. Some real progress! My closet is awesome by the way! It has one of those built in shoe or pants shelves thingy.

Sorry, no pictures :( I was in a hurry, and I felt like I was intruding in my own house.

I have already established a waving routine with my neighbor across the street (he showed me his house when I was still deciding). Almost every time I come by he is on his patio or in his yard. It is weird, because I usually don't know my neighbors and couldn't pick them out of a line-up. And I'm not even officially moved in, and we already know each other. Of course, if he was in a line-up and not on his property, I might not be able to pick him out either ;)

And don't get spoiled with two posts in one day. It won't happen again. Probably.

3 comments:

Steamed Dumpling said...

are they stinky too? :P

hey you need to change your tag line once you get your keys.

Steamed Dumpling said...

what?!!! no accent wall color???(double pphft)...hey maybe the guy will check in on the boys when you're out of town.

can ya tell i'm doing what i do best? (by that i mean procrastinating)

justme said...

^ "No sex in the city" meets "looking for mr. candy bar" in my own home. Or something like that?

It's too late. I am very happy now and I expect regular posts like this from now on.

Tell us about your neighbor. Single? Cute? Maybe the tagline should read: "No sex in the suburb" meets "looking at mr. candy bar across the street" from my own home.

:)