Sunday, August 12, 2007

Locked Out of House and Home

I went to show my brother the house, and we couldn't get in. For the first time I've been there, the house was locked up, and all the windows were closed. I guess they are getting ready to put the fixtures and other stealable stuff in. Kinda disappointing. Peeking in through the windows, I couldn't see much progress.

I did see baseboards and the mantle up. They moved the big piles of dirt. I hope they are able to get a lot done this week. From what I could tell, the electrician hadn't dug up the concrete to put the floor plug in.

So no new pictures today :(

4 comments:

justme said...

Aw! :( What happens now? Do you have to make an appt to see the inside of your home? Will they give you a key?

nicole said...

No keys till closing, Willow! Our friend will get a walk-through by appointment to spot any last minute fix-ups though.
Locked doors usually mean appliances and whatnot. Flooring too, maybe. Sounds like it is close to being done!
September WOWO? Not that I can come, as usual. ;)

justme said...

sorry . .. didn't know. Never bought a home. I barely remember the days when my parents had their homes built. :)

btw, J, I love these more frequent updates. ;)

No Longer At The Kids' Table said...

That's ok, willow. I didn't know either. I guess I will have to go during the day when they are more likely to be working so I can get inside. Other than that, I will have to be a voyeur into my own home :)