Thursday, August 9, 2007

Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams

Last night after work, I took my co-worker friend to see my house. We walked into the front door of my completely bricked house (more details of the house later), and before I could say, this is my living room, 5 other co-workers jumped out from behind the kitchen counters and yelled "Surprise!" They even had a bottle of champagne to toast my new place. They had all conspired against me to leave work a few minutes before and surprise me. Sure enough it worked! They parked in the shopping area around the corner. I work with some pretty cool people.

The funniest part was that they were all sweaty because they had to wait a few minutes for me to get there. In case you are not familiar with Texas weather, it is mighty hot at 6pm in a western facing room, with no air conditioning in August. They had planned to hide in the master bathroom, but it was way too hot. So they moved to the kitchen that at least had a window opened for breeze.

After the surprise entrance, I gave them the grand tour. There wasn't much progress since Monday night. The brick looks completely finished to my untrained eye. They also finished the cabinets (still unstained). I think that was all that was done. I will be back on Saturday when my brother comes to town.

Afterwards, we went to a bar, that I was informed by new neighbor co-worker, will be my new hangout and had dinner and drinks. The bar was alright. Kinda old, but maybe it will win my heart and become like my Cheers.

A week without rain...someone alert the media! I hope they take advantage of this good, hot weather. I have locked in my interest rate, and must close by Sept. 4th. I told my apartment that I would like to stay through Sept. 8th, to give myself a cushion. Now all I need to do if finally pick an insurance agent, cancel all my utilities, set up all my utilities, do the change of address form, keep packing, hire the moving company, start being nicer to friends so the will help me move, get new checks printed, buy a fridge...and many many many other things, all the while work all week. Let the stress begin!

3 comments:

suzette said...

wow. you sound like you have really fun coworkers.. and your house looks amazing! i'm so pumped for you jen.

btw. nice blog.

nicole said...

Yea for friends! And champagne! I've already stated my position on helping you move. I will just think good moving thoughts since I can't do much else. :)

justme said...

What fun friends! :)