Monday, July 23, 2007

Yesterday's News, Out of Date, Old Hat, Tell Me Something I Don't Already Know

This picture was taken on July 14, less than 2 weeks ago. Already it is out of date. Now I know how Eastern European map-makers felt in the 90's.




Future neighbor and co-worker called me this evening as she was walking through the house. She said the roof is complete - the shingles are already up. The shingles that are nothing but a pile in the above picture. All the rooms have walls. The backdoor (with built in blinds - nice!) is in. There is a front door, but it is just the temporary construction door. She could see the insulation in the roof. All in all, it seems to be looking more like a house. I can't wait to go see it again.


I've started thinking about landscaping. I have no idea what plants are called...I guess I need to start researching that stuff. And how to take care of a yard. My parents said they can start me off with some hydrangeas and banana trees (not sure about the latter). I know I like Bradford Pear trees, but I have no idea how much they cost. I have also seen a lot of small trees (bushes?) around that have pink blooms. I thought I knew the name of them, but it just escaped me. I wonder if the apartment people would notice if I just dug one up and took it with me?

On another note...same friend went to Shreveport last weekend. I gave her $5 to bet on black. She said if I won, she would play the winnings on craps, which she said she was good at. I just figured she would play (or not), and the money would get mixed in with her winnings or losings. But no, she is honest. She played, it was black, and then she turned my $5 into $27.50! I told her if she had made it to $50, I would have upgrade to marble counter tops :)

3 comments:

Steamed Dumpling said...

You should give your five bucks to my bro. He and his friends went last weekend to Lake Charles. They all put in 100. At the end of the night, they all walked away with 1400 and change.

justme said...

Banana trees aren't so bad. We had one growing up. :)

Steph B said...

Um, I believe you promised us some updated pictures...