Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Revisited

I know it is not Thursday, but I am bored today, and can think of nothing else to blog about. I was skimming through my old posts and came across this little checklist, and thought I would compare how I did in choosing my house.

Thirteen Things that I want/don't want in my new house:

1…. I don't want the garage to be the dominant view from the front of the house. (not off to a good start)
2…. Crown molding (I think there is some...not sure. But that is something I can add later)
3…. Built in bookshelves and nooks (umm..nope)
4…. 3 bedrooms (1 an office with french doors) and 2 baths (It is 3/2 but no french doors)
5…. A utility room big enough to put the litter box. I'm tired of it being in my bathroom (I'm hoping I can swing this, but won't know until I move in)
6…. A fairly new house...less than 5 years would be awesome...less than 10 great...less than 20 acceptable...less than 100 - better be free (A whole-hearted Yes! - it's not even born yet, in case this is the first posting you've read)
7…. No formal living area/dining - would probably be wasted on me (I'm on a roll!)
8…. Not too big of a yard (Uh...understatement of the year, which my dad was quick to point out)
9…. Not too small of a yard - don't want to be looking into the neighbor's windows from my window (Hey, I'm not Goldilocks, can't have everything just right)
10…. Big bathroom. And I want a window in the bathroom. And a window in the kitchen (Yes, yes, and yes again)
11…. Big master closet! (Yes! I'm not even entirely sure I will have to spill into the guest closet)
12…. Hopefully the yard will already have some basic landscaping done. (Well, the builder has to put in a little bit in the front yard. And I have an old tree in the back!)
13…. At least 1 bay window. I would love to have a sitting area in the master bedroom. (maybe on my next house!)

Now I need to figure out which of these are must haves, and which are negotiable. (I guess the proof of that is in the pudding)

No comments: