Tuesday, July 10, 2007

On Schedule

The builder said that we are still on schedule to finish this puppy by the end of August! I hope he doesn't mean the literal end of August, giving me 1 day to move. My apartment hasn't been very excited about the possibility of extending my lease for a week or so. Apparently, with them, it is a full month or bust. I'm hoping that I don't have to pay the month-to-month rate for September as well as August. Although moving in slowly and leisurely is a nice way to go.

After saying that I can do no more upgrades, I am at the top of my budget, no I don't want any fancy marble, (I'm broke, how many more ways can I say it, Mister) I did cave in on one thing. But it is to increase the energy-efficiency of the house, which should pay for itself over the course of X years. So I'm forking over another $500 for extra insulation in the walls of the house. I guess the gas grill will have to wait.

2 comments:

Steph B said...

I think the extra insulation is a good investment. Our house has a lot of energy efficiency features, and so far it seems to really be helping.

Very Exciting!!!!!

justme said...

I agree that it sounds like a great investment.