Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blogged Out

You would think with all my time that I've not been spending at the gym lately, I would have time to blog every minute detail of my day. But not really. I've reverted to spending more time with my first love, my couch. Yep, been falling asleep on the couch a lot lately. I did go bike riding once, and tennis season is starting back up again. So I am somewhat active.

Anyway, I will try to come up with something to say.

Since I'm always thinking of new and better ways to blow my money, the issue of new car has been creeping around my little brain. My car now is 5 years old. So as you can obviously see, I'm in dire need of something new. I justify my need for a new car because I am single. I do not have the expertise to fix my own car. So if it gets broken, I have to take it somewhere. Which leaves me car-less. And I have to get to work. To pay for the car repair. Yes, there are car rentals and loaner cars and blah, but it is inconvenient. I do that when I have to. But when my car gets passed the warranty stage, and the little problems start creeping up, I get rid of it like a blackened banana. (ok, I really put black bananas in the freezer for future banana bread).

So the new car bug has been itching for about the last year or so. I actually put myself off until this year, you know, because of the whole buying a house thing. And now I want to wait until I pay off my 2nd mortgage loan. So responsible of myself. But just when I tell my self I can hold off, my car gives me reason to want to get rid of it. I think my brake fluid is leaking. It's most likely a small repair, but it is still frustrating. It makes me want to rush out and get a new car. I have to take care of it soon because, I think, that brake fluids are pretty important to the whole stopping process. And also I'm planning to drive to Austin next weekend. I think Austin is hilly, which requires braking.

Also, I haven't been giving to charity as much as I had been. I keep putting it off. After I feel better about where I stand on the whole owing money thing. After next month. Always after. Will turn that around soon. After next month.

I also haven't been paying myself a car payment lately. I paid off my car early, so I had been building up my savings account to put a bigger down payment on my next car. My goal is to be able to pay cash for my next car (after this one). We will see. So maybe that is a sign that I shouldn't buy a new car, if I'm not able to pay myself. I could probably pay myself, I just haven't wanted to make any sacrifices. Of course, if I get the 2nd loan paid off, I can rededicate that part of my budget to the car. It is a viscous cycle.

3 comments:

nicole said...

You do get the new car bug a lot. I say use a little bit of the saved money to make the needed repair, while continuing to save a car payment each month and try to buy a car with cash this time, rather than next time. But that's just me.

Jeanne said...

And that's why you are No Longer at the Kids' Table! Happy adulthood!

Steamed Dumpling said...

You should have dumped your car on the coast and let Ike take care of it.