Thursday, September 25, 2008

Can't wait for this week to be over, and not for the usual reasons

After having a good, but busy, weekend in Austin, this week hasn't been very good. I got the flu shot Monday afternoon, and started feeling bad that right before I left work. I threw up Monday night (which I think was a stomach bug going around the office), but then felt a little better in the morning. I went to work Tuesday, but went home in the afternoon and was running a fever, which I guess was from the shot. I felt the fever break in the middle of the night and felt much better Wednesday.

But then on Wednesday the spots on my arm that I've had for a week started itching. I thought it might have been poison ivy/oak, because I had tried to clear some vines around my big oak tree last Monday night (I wore gloves and washed off afterwards, but I guess didn't do a good enough job). I had a few spots, but they didn't bother me all week until yesterday. Then they started itching, and oozing (yummy!) and I noticed more spots. When I woke up this morning, I had a spot right next to my eye, so I figured I better go to the doctor just in case since I've never had it before and since I had had the fever.

After a full 10 second evaluation and medical history, he prescribed a cortisone shot and some prescriptions for a cream and more steroids. The shot on my "hip" still kind of smarts.
The itching isn't really bad, but I don't like that it on my face. I feel like a leper. At least this week has been somewhat slow at work, and I didn't have to visit any clients. And that it's not picture day.

I will spare you and not post any pictures.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Oh, no!!! So was it Poison Ivy? I'm so paranoid that it's everywhere around our house, so I never touch any vines or ivy. I hope you're over the other bug & feeling better! It could have been an aftermath of the Mexican Martini! :)