Sunday, September 14, 2008

3 Weeks Off = Starting Over From Scratch

I hadn't been to the gym in 3 weeks. After a few minutes on the treadmill, it felt like 3 months. I could barely make it .75 miles. After that I did sprint intervals. All on a 1.5 mile incline, which I haven't done before. Then swam for a little bit. Would have swam longer, but old lady started talking to me in the pool (in the middle of my workout!) I would have like to continue, but I felt sorry for her. She said her husband died a month ago, so I guess she was lonely. Or just one of those people who talk to strangers. Anyway, I said I was sorry, and guessed it was hard on her, and she said "No, not really." Earlier I saw her in the locker room. She pulled stuff out a bag into the locker, and then pulled out a big box of Whoppers. Not sure what that was all about.

1 comment:

justme said...

Whoppers? Old people are interesting.

3 weeks sounds like a reasonable time to recover from running a triathlon. Can't remember - are you doing the Walk the Rock? If so, what's your leg in it?