Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Jennifer's week
1….This my first week blogging! Kinda fun, kinda feel pressure to write something everyday
2...I watch too much tv. I was thinking of how much I could get done in the evenings if I didn't watch so much. Then I started thinking I should get Tivo, so theoretically I would watch less (only the shows I really like instead of just surfing). But in reality, I know I would just watch more.
3...Speaking of tv, I just got addicted to a new show! My Boys is on Monday nights on TBS. Very funny I thought, and has a cute guy in it.
4...It is snowing/sleeting! Doesn't happen too much around here. Of course everyone at work is freaking out wanting to leave before it gets worse. I don't think it will get much worse.
5...My nephew has a girlfriend. He's only 11! I hope he's not growing up too fast. It makes me feel old. I'm too young to have a nephew who's old enough to date!
6...Back to tv - I miss Lost. Won't be on for many more weeks.
7...I got a promotion at work! Yippee!
8...Still snowing.
9...My little cat (Tigger) is driving me nuts. I keep catching him on my kitchen counters. He hasn't seemed to learn about punishment (the water spray). It only took my other, smarter cat a few sprays to the face before he learned what it meant. Everytime I bring it out, Tigger just looks at me like, what is that for? How do you train a cat?
10...I'm taking off work tomorrow! No big plans. Hopefully catch a movie. I want to see Stranger than Fiction.
11...The snow is melting :(
12...I got my haircut today and my brows waxed. Man, that hurt. I think she took a chunk of skin! And I normally just do a touch up, but this is a lot!
13...I love where my apartment is. I can walk to so many places: restaurants, my beauty shop, Tuesday Mornings, a dollar store, a grocery store, Blockbuster, Starbucks, convenience store, two parks, a tire store, a car repair place - so I don't have to wait there. This probably sounds like I live in a bad part of town with all these commercial areas around, but it's not really. I will miss the convenience when I buy a house.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


5 comments:

justme said...

Good list! :) I'm hoping to see Stranger Than Fiction, too! And yeah . . . there seems to be some sort of pressure to blog. For me it's self-imposed. Like I don't want to disappoint my audience of three. That's why I've been blogging about dumb stuff like light bulbs and refrigerators.

Sheesh . . . . UNT would probably demand I return my degree back. Creative Writing, my a**.

nicole said...

Um, is the internet broken? I only spotted 10 things on your list. Maybe I'm not smart though.

I miss talking to you on IM today. Your day off better be freaking awesome. ;)

No Longer At The Kids' Table said...

OOPS! You're right! I stopped at 10. I guess I'm too used to David Letterman. I shall correct that.

Amanda said...

Congrats on the promotion!
Great list - I agree with you regarding the 'pressure to blog' statement =)

nicole said...

Glad I could help. I didn't know your city had apartments so near so many things. People walk? Just kidding of course.

Oh yeah, I started watching that My Boys show but then O.H. wanted to watch something else. Let me know if it is worth watching in another room or something.