Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Is it so wrong???

...to accept the gifts (paying for drinks, etc.) from a guy that you know has a thing for you, but you have no intention of ever dating? He's just a nice guy, that is very generous, and likes to pay for stuff. That's not my fault. I don't think I have ever lead him on. I feel a little bad, because he's a teacher, so I'm probably make 2x what he makes. But he offered!

When people offer to pay for something, I generally let them. I know how it feels when I have tried to buy someone dinner or whatever, and they won't let me. I try to help people work on the virtue of generosity ;) But then again, I have never been offered anything extravagent, so I know I wouldn't accept anything outrageous. But what's a martini between friends?

3 comments:

justme said...

Drinks are good. Friendly drinks are better. Friendly drink gifts are the best. Yay, you, I say. :)

nicole said...

What's a martini between friends? Just that and nothing else. I'm all for accepting free drinks or whatever in a friendly manner. You are doing the giver a courtesy, allowing him (or her when appropriate) the chance to be generous and to get all the good feelings from that.

Hey! I'm Blogging Here. said...

I agree that it's prefectly acceptable to accept. Accepting too often, however, without reciprocating (sp?) can give him the wrong idea. And I've definitely known girls - too many here in SoCal - who will accept the most outrageous things from guys they have no interest in, and it disgusts me (ski trips, cruises, expensive jewelry). But a martini? Not an issue.

Usually when I'm trying to keep it casual, I'll accept the drink but next time offer to pick up his.