Saturday, January 3, 2009

He went to Jared's!

Just kidding, he went to Best Buy!

It seems that a lot of people were expected me to get something different for Christmas from b/f. I hope they weren't too disappointed, b/c I wasn't. Actually I don't care if they were disappointed. It was a very nice Christmas, thank you very much. I got a GPS and a very nice new laptop briefcase/portfolio.

I can't even remember much about the trip to tell you, it all seems so last year.

Our flights were great and problem free. We rented a car and drove straight to his parents' house. Most of the people were already in town. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. They certainly had their family traditions and routines down. Since there was a big group there (I think 14-19 for most the dinners, everyone took turns cooking and planning the meal. His brother-in-law is a good cook, and handled a lot of the main dishes. He even had wine shipped to the house to complement each dinner. So most things went very smoothly, at least from my lazy, non-helping manner. The only thing I did was the grate some cheese. But it felt a little like too many chefs in the small kitchen, so I tried my best to get out of the way.

We mostly spent our time at his parents during the day, and his brother's house at night. B/F drove me around El Paso one afternoon, all of his old schools, and we went up the scenic overlook from the mountains. I had been there about 8 years ago, and I remembered many things. Instead of buying presents (other than stockings), the family decided to donate gifts and money to a child crisis center in town. So Christmas Eve day, we all went over there and delivered the stuff - b/f was very generous with buying diapers and formula, etc. We got a tour of the facility and they showed us some of their new improvements. The family even had a very nice TV delivered and it was hooked up when we got there. So that was a very cool way to spend the day.

We walked around a neighborhood to look at lights...went to his sister's house on the other side of town and went to a nature preserve place. But really, other than that, we were at the house. And it wasn't too bad! It went by faster than I expected.

The strangest part was seeing women who look like b/f :)

2 comments:

justme said...

What a generous family! Sounds like you had a great time meeting his family. Yay! :)

Jeanne said...

What are you going to name your GPS? We call ours Claire, for Claire on Lost, b/c we use the Austrailian female voice. : )