Thursday, April 10, 2008

The tax man cometh and he left a little present in the yard

Finally, my house is paying for itself! I get a tax refund this year! That's right, Uncle Sam is writing me a check for $63! If I only use my tax refund to pay off the house, I will be an out and out homeowner in, oh, 1 billion years.

I think next year will be even more...since I only had 3 housepayments in 2007, I will have paid more in taxes and interest in 2008. I know that it is my money anyway, but it feels much better to receive money from the gov't than to give.

Talk about bad weather! We had horrible storms last night. They left me sitting in my closet at 4am with only one cat. Tigger could not be found. Good thing I didn't get a tornado, or I'd be 1 cat short of a litter. And speaking of litter, there would be litter everywhere. As of 1pm, I still didn't have power. I hope to be pleasantly surprised when I get home today. It may be an evening of reading "Around the world in 80 days" by candlelight for me. I only have 1 more evening before book club, and I have to finish it! I have been too lazy lately.

1 comment:

justme said...

I used to love hiding out in my parents' closet as a kid. I guess sitting in your own master closet is not the same, huh?

Got any big plans for the big check?