Friday, February 8, 2008

CATastrophe

I wished a bad thought and it happened.

I had wished the neighborhood stray cat (who I found out the neighbor does feed) would go away and stop bothering my cats. Well, he is gone, and not in the “I’ve been adopted by a loving family who will feed me and put a collar on me and not let me roam around” kind of way. Driving to work this morning, I saw Trash the cat laying in the road, which isn’t uncommon for him. However, the red liquid next to head wasn’t normal. He was run over. Seeing him like that broke my heart. He was a pain but I didn’t want him dead!

Now, I will be extra careful and not let my boys get out. It would be so horrible to drive up and see ‘lil Tigger sprawled out like that. As a kitten, he was actually hit by a car and rescued, and that’s how he came to me. As God as my witness, I won’t let that happen to him again.

Trash, I hope you are happy wherever you are now. Peace little buddy.