Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Reason #354...

that I'm glad I don't have a kid right now (probably the lamest of them all). I can put out my nativity set, and I don't have to hide baby Jesus until Christmas day.




Apparently some parents leave out the baby until closer to the actually holiday. So the porceline, or wood, or plastic (if you have the lil' tykes holiday nativity set) Mary and Joseph are left to stare at the empty space until the big day arrives. Something about how we all need to sit back and anticipate the gift that is to arrive to light the world.
But I am an adult, and I don't really need a reminder about when Jesus is to arrive and since God is timeless, I'm not sure about all this linear calendar thing anyway. And no matter how many times I try to recount the nativity story to the cats, they always insist on putting baby Jesus out before Christmas. They just don't get it, and I don't think they ever will given their tiny feline brains.

1 comment:

nicole said...

Pretty. We do keep Jesus put away until Christmas. Hopefully it helps the kids realize that we are anticipating his arrival. But it does look funny to see Mary and Joseph lovingly gazing at nothing.