Saturday, June 23, 2007

I saw the sign

SOLD! In big, bold letters. Ok, not so big letters in this picture. But they were really big in my mind. They were referring to my land.

The ditches for the plumbing have been dug, and passed the first inspection. The slab should be poured very shortly. Once that is up, the framing can be done, and then apparently, the rest is a piece of cake.



Who would have thought I am such a decisive person? In less than 2 hours, I picked out brick, stone, trim and mortar for the outside, as well as carpet, paint, vinyl, and counter tops throughout the inside. It wasn't quite as over-whelming as I thought it would be. It felt good to know what I didn't like, so I could eliminate half of the little swatches to go through. And once you pick one thing, like the counter tops, you have to pick things that match - which eliminates many more things. I am glad I brought my friend with me, but I felt like I made almost all of the decisions. It helped that we had similar tastes on most everything. It was nice to hear reassurance that the things went well together.



It felt good, and it's starting to feel like my house. Finally.




(This is what my house will look like when finished. Well, at least the brick and stone combo. Please ignore the exquisite architectural detail in this at least half-million dollar home. It is for reference purposes only. Actual results will vary.)












(And here is a close-up of the brick. Let's hope it is in stock!)

3 comments:

justme said...

yay!! I hope you can get a picture of you next to that SOLD sign. :)

Steph B said...

Very exciting! It does start to feel like your house once you start making decoration decisions. I'm glad you were able to pick out options you like. The stone/brick combo you picked looks good! Before you know it you will be moving in! Keep the updates coming. =)

nicole said...

Pretty! Now I will imagine the 1/2 million dollar home every time I talk to you about the house. Yea for you for being decisive too.