Thursday, June 21, 2007

I have a really messy signature.

And it will be witnessed for all to see in triplicate in so many forms, if today is any indication of the near future.

I made the decision and bought the lot! Things are starting to happen. I met with the mortgage lady today, and had to sign mucho stuffo and this isn't even the real paperwork. I don't have a fixed interest rate yet, and they can't do the appraisal until the house is built, so this is just preliminary stuff.

I drove by my lot, yes MY lot, this morning too. Not much progress has been made this week, except for big piles of dirt have been shifted. I really think the builder was overly optimistic when he said a closing date of Aug. 15th. Especially with no end in sight to this rain.

Now the beginning of the real decisions start now. I'm meeting with the builder on Saturday morning to at least pick out the brick and stonework. If we have time, we will start on the carpet, paint, vinyl, cabinets, counters, and all else. Is it bad that I already don't really care about all this? Maybe it's just not real yet until I see the samples. Or maybe it is just too overwhelming for me. I'm bringing an opinionated friend with me on Saturday. I'm not going to let her make the decisions for me, but I want a second opinion, and someone there who can make a decision if it is something that I really do not care about.

A personal distraction is now gone (well not gone, but decisions have been made and some closure has been had, so let the healing begin!), so I hope that I can focus more on the good news of the house.

1 comment:

justme said...

I'm so proud of you! :) If the two of you get stuck deciding, then feel free to post pictures and your devoted audience will help you decide! :)

I remember when my parents bought their biggest house and I was going to have my own bathroom and my two brothers were going to have their own (one to share) I was the one who picked the wallpaper for both. My brothers could not have cared less and I could not have cared more! It was fun. :)