Tuesday, December 2, 2008

1 Out Of Every 5 Statistics Is Made Up

This month, I paid off my second mortgage! My original goal was to put down 20%, but I only put down 12%. I possibly could have put down more, but then I would have had no money to buy the cool electronic lawn mower I needed. So long story short, I took out a second loan for 8%, at a much higher interest rate, and a weird 15-year balloon term. I didn't like the terms, so I wanted to pay it off as soon as I could. Turns out that took me about 15 months. That is a bit of a relief.


So I now own 20% of my house! One-fifth. Which is about 300 square feet and some grass. I'll say it is my living room. Hands off! It's all mine. I wish I only had to clean 1/5th of the house.

2 comments:

nicole said...

Congratulations! That must have been a good feeling, making the final payment.

justme said...

I think you should measure your house like measuring cups and not by rooms. In which case you really own the bottom fifth of the house - the carpet, tile, baseboards, etc., and you're working your way up to the roof.